limited to 15 people
Cost $100 (students), $200 (other)
Breakfast and Lunch included
Summer 2019 Workshop
Spectral Imaging in Cultural Heritage
July 22nd to July 24th 2019
Rochester Institute of Technology
University of Rochester
The R-CHIVE workshop aims to share knowledge gained through years or working in the field of cultural heritage imaging and imaging science.
Workshop agenda highlights:
- Primary modalities used in field
- basics of spectral imaging
- Basics of image processing
- Timelines of materials and inks
- Create palimpsest and image with basic spectral system – to understand fundamentals of spectra and imaging system
- Image (own) manuscript leaf with high-end multispectral system
- Basic image processing
- Advanced image processing
- Current systems available in the field
- What’s next after imaging and processing
- Bringing cultural heritage imaging into the classroom
Attendees are encouraged to bring their own damaged/ palimpsested/ faded leaf or fragment for imaging and image analysis. Please contact us to discuss object before attending.
Please contact us with any questions.